By: Saaya Maeda, Tone House Sports Nutrition Intern
We have recently revamped our beverage menu at the House, and have added new options over the last six months that have all your pre & post workout needs covered. Here’s the full breakdown of which option to grab when.
Super Cold Brew and NOCCO BCAA give you the caffeine boost you need to maximize your energy levels before a workout.
- Super Cold Brew contains 250mg caffeine with the addition of L-Theanine, an amino acid that offsets caffeine jitters, providing you with a smooth energy boost.
- NOCCO contains 180mg caffeine with the addition of 3,000mg BCAAs-branched chain amino acids that boost muscle growth and enhance exercise performance.
Hydration is key! Grab a FIJI Water to keep you hydrated and replenished during your workout.
Optimal post-workout recovery requires high-protein consumption in order to rebuild muscles. Within 30-60 minutes after a workout, grabbing a high-protein shake can repair muscle damage. Core Power, OWYN, and EO3 are all convenient, high-protein options to ensure that you can continue your workout plan and maintain muscle tissue.
- OWYN is a great, 100% plant based, allergen-free, and high-protein option for vegans or plant-based individuals looking to maximize their protein intake.
- EO3 is a unique product that combines 20g of protein with 1600mg Omega-3 nutrition that prevents muscle soreness, inflammation, and regrowth. Since 98% of Americans are Omega-3 deficient, EO3 is a quick, delicious way to incorporate them into your diet.
- Core Power contains a whopping 42g of protein from ultra-filtered milk in order to support muscle recovery.
- Cheribundi 100% Tart Cherry Juice is an all-natural drink full of antioxidants to reduce inflammation and melatonin to aid in sleep habits. It contains antioxidants that can prevent cell damage while the tart cherry prevents and repairs muscle damage.
- PWR LIFT is a protein-infused water containing 10g of whey protein, electrolytes, and BCAAs. It resupplies the body with lost nutrients and aides in muscle recovery.
Which ones are your fave? Let us know any favorite flavors you’d like to see more of next time you check in for class.