By: Ryan Turner, RD, CSSD
Thorne Research is a popular supplement brand that offers a range of high-quality nutritional supplements designed to support overall health and wellness, and can offer a plethora of performance benefits for Tone House Athletes. Here are some of the reasons we love Thorne performance nutrition supplements here at the House:
- High-quality ingredients: Thorne uses high-quality, clinically-researched ingredients in their supplements, which can help ensure that you’re getting a product that is both safe and effective.
- Customized formulas: Thorne offers a variety of supplements that are tailored to specific health concerns, such as gut health, immune support, and sports performance. This can help you find a supplement that is tailored to your specific needs.
- Third-party testing: Thorne products undergo rigorous third-party testing to ensure quality and purity. This can provide peace of mind that you’re getting a safe and effective supplement.
- Free of common allergens: Many Thorne supplements are free of common allergens, such as dairy, gluten, and soy, which can be important for those with food sensitivities.
- Trusted brand: Thorne is a well-respected brand in the supplement industry, and many healthcare professionals + reputable athletic organizations recommend their products.
While we take a food first approach in the Tone House Nutrition world, it’s not a food only one. In our online dispensary we highlight specific Thorne products that can supplement your food choices and elevate your performance on the Turf:
- Creatine: enhances athletic performance, particularly in activities that require short bursts of intense energy, such as weightlifting, sprinting, and high-intensity interval training. Creatine can increase your muscle strength, power, and endurance, allowing you to perform more reps or lift heavier weights before reaching fatigue.
- Whey Protein: rapidly absorbed by the body, making it an ideal source of protein for athletes who are looking to optimize muscle growth and recovery.
- Beta-alanine: increases muscle endurance and reduce fatigue during high-intensity exercise. Delays fatigue, allowing you to work out harder and for longer periods of time.
- Fish oil: improve blood flow and reduce inflammation, which can improve endurance and reduce muscle soreness and stiffness after exercise.
- Magnesium: increasing magnesium levels in the body, athletes may be able to improve their muscle function and reduce the risk of cramps and fatigue during exercise. Magnesium may also have a positive impact on sleep quality and stress management, which can have indirect benefits on performance.
It’s important to note that while supplements can offer many potential benefits, they should not be used as a replacement for a healthy diet and lifestyle by prioritizing what’s necessary. It’s always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional like your Dietitian before adding any supplements to your routine. If you feel you may benefit from talking about your options schedule a free discovery call with Ryan Turner, RD, CSSD to talk through your specific goals.
You can find all of our recommended Thorne supplements and preferred pricing for Tone House athletes in our affiliate link here https://www.thorne.com/u/tonehouse